In and out of season

Life at Regent Law certainly keeps you on your toes. And while students expect this of their professors, most do not anticipate the weather will do the like. Tomorrow’s forecast is predicting highs in the low 50’s. But today, just two days away from Thanksgiving, it is 74 degrees outside. As this is a beach town most consider this unexpected warm front a good excuse to break out the shorts and flip-flops for yet another day before the chill of winter sets in for good.

While this corner of campus conveys the beauty of a Virginia Beach fall, it fails to convey its unpredictability, which is one of my favorite things about living here.

I am from the Southern California desert, and while I am accustomed to such warm days so late in the year, I am typically surrounded by palm trees and tumble weeds. However, there is something invigorating and almost magical about being able to bask in the red and gold leaves that swirl around me, without the fear of a cold gust of wind stealing me back indoors. My friends who spend Thanksgiving in the snow could not agree more.

At the same time, I love that I get to don a scarf and coat once more tomorrow. This is yet another way God is using my life at Regent to teach me to “be ready in season and out of season” (2 Tim 4:2).


By Molly Eccles

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caren said...

Nice Honey, 74 is indeed warm! It was 7 degrees here this a.m.! The Sierras right outside my window are covered w/snow, it's gorgeous. Glad you're enjoying V. Beach and made it to the law school!
Caren Brodt