Spotlight on Lindsey Brower, 2L

Lindsey Brower, 2L
Undergrad: Lee University
Major: Psychology

Q. Where are you from? A. Manassas, Virginia. It’s about an hour outside of Washington, D.C.

Q. How did you spend your summer? 
A. I interned with the Virginia Beach Public Defender’s Office for the first half of the summer, and then I participated in the Regent Law Study Abroad Program to Strasbourg, France. I also did some traveling with friends in Europe before and after the program.

Q. What does becoming a lawyer mean to you? 
A. Being a lawyer means being a voice for those who cannot speak up for themselves. It is a very tangible way to live out Micah 6:8, “And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

Q. What do you wish you knew before you started law school? 
A. It is OK to not always be on top of all the little things in your life! In law school there is always more that you can do for classes, and sometimes other things in your life get really behind (like dishes!) but I had to learn to be OK with that sometimes.

Q. What surprised you most about Regent? 
A. How incredibly supportive the entire Regent family is. One example from 1L year was sometimes before competitions, everyone getting ready to compete in that round would pray together.

Q. How is law school different from your college experience? 
A. Law school is academics on level that I didn’t even know existed! The material requires a much deeper level of attention and depth than any of my undergrad classes. I never studied on a Friday night during undergrad, but in law school I have definitely spent more than one Friday night studying!

Q. What is your favorite class so far and why? 
A. Civil Procedure and Evidence are my favorites. The classes are very logical and the way the rules fit together connect well with the way my brain works. The professors are also one of the reasons I enjoy these classes.

Q. What kind of law do you hope to practice after graduation? 
A. I want to work with some combination of human trafficking, foster care and adoption law, and criminal law. What kind of job that will look like, I have no idea!

Q. How would you describe the group of your closest friends found here at Regent? 
A. They are incredible! I really don’t know how I would do law school without them. They are passionate, genuine, silly, supportive, and so much fun to be around.

Q. How do you prefer to study? 
A. I study almost anywhere. I do most of my studying at the library or at home, but sometimes for a change of pace I’ll go to a friend’s house or Starbucks. If it is a pretty day, especially on a weekend, I have a tendency to study on the beach.

Q. What is your favorite book of all time and why? 
A. Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. This book has transformed the way I think about myself and my identity as a woman in Christ. It also gives such great insight into the heart of God.

Q. What is your favorite Bible verse? 
A. Hebrews 12:2, “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” It is so easy to become distracted by everything else that goes on in life, especially in law school. However, when I am completely focused on who God is and what He has done, everything else doesn’t seem quite so consuming or intimidating.

Q. If you could meet with anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why? 
A. Joan of Arc. She was an incredible leader and fearless woman of God.

Q. If you could have lunch with any faculty member or administrator at Regent who would it be and why? 
A. General Ashcroft. He has so many great stories and experiences and is such a man of faith.

Q. What kinds of extra-curricular activities are you involved with? 
A. I am on the Regent Journal of International Law, Trial Advocacy Board, Center for Global Justice, and a Kaplan student representative.

Q. If you had an entire weekend available, what would you do in the Hampton Roads area? 
A. I would have a couple movie nights, go to the beach, and go thrift store shopping.

Click HERE if you would like to be considered for a similar Q and A feature on this blog.

No comments: