Spotlight on Andrew Michael, 2L


Andrew Michael, 2L
Q. Where are you from?
A. Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Q. What does becoming a lawyer mean to you?
A. It means the pursuit of a lifelong dream, the reach for justice, and a way to support my family.

Q. What do you wish you knew before you started law school?
A. The job market status of the legal field.

Q. What surprised you most about Regent?
A. How close a community the law school is, and how people come together to help each other out in times of need.

Q. What is your favorite class so far and why?
A. Election law because my major in undergrad was political science, so I find the study of politics, and more specifically elections, incredibly interesting.



Q. What kind of law do you hope to practice after graduation?
A.  I want to be a Commonwealth attorney.

Q. How would you describe the group of your closest friends found here at Regent?
A. Sarcastic but loving.

Q. How do you prefer to study?
A. I commute from Richmond so whenever I have time, wherever I am, and for as long as I can considering that my time is drastically limited.

Q. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
A. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien because it opened up my love for reading. Plus it is incredible.

Q. What is your favorite Bible verse?
A. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. It inspires me to always work to achieve that imperishable goal.

Q. If you could meet with anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why?
A. Michael Jordan because his determination, drive, and competitive spirit are characteristics that I associate with well. Also, his performances on the court inspired my love for sports.

Q. If you could have lunch with any faculty member or administrator at Regent who would it be and why?
A. Professor Duane. He speaks so fast that I feel I would get the most out of the lunch with him because he could communicate twice as much information in the time given. Plus he is an incredible professor and Christian.

Q. If you had an entire weekend available, what would you do in the Hampton Roads area?
A. Fish at the ocean with my wife and puppies.

Q. Is there anything else you would like your peers or future law students to know?
A. Never fear or doubt, with God all things are possible. Plus, if I can do it, I know that you can.



Click HERE if you would like to be considered for a similar Q and A feature on this blog.

No comments: