Spotlight on Corie Bosley, 2L


Corie Bosley, 2L
Q. Where are you from?
A.  I am from Hinesville, Georgia which is a small town south of Savannah.
Q. What does becoming a lawyer mean to you?
A.  I have always wanted to be a lawyer (since I was about five) so becoming a lawyer means everything. It is my chance to change the world and make it a better place no matter how small that contribution is.
Q. What do you wish you knew before you started law school?
A.  How nervous of an experience being cold called would be. I never thought that I would be so afraid to answer a question about something I had read the night before.
Q. What surprised you most about Regent?
A.  How much the students and faculty were a family. I had heard all of the horror stories from other people at other law schools of students ripping pages out of books so that other students could not get the information and many other things. None of that happens here. Everyone wants each and every student to succeed.
Q. How is law school different from your college experience?
A. STUDYING! My study habits completely changed from college to law school. For college I would graze the information and never needed to take notes on what I had read. For law school I read and sometimes re-read assignments.  There is not a page in any of my books that does not have notes in the margins.
Q. What is your favorite class so far and why?
A.  Negotiations has become my favorite class. To me this class is so practical. The thrill of being in a room trying to come to an agreement has me looking forward to every negotiation. I also learned a lot about myself in this class. The professor’s teaching style is how I like to learn he is very hands on.
Q. What kind of law do you hope to practice after graduation?
A.  I originally came to school with my heart set on becoming a criminal prosecutor. I have thought about going into family law, particularly helping single fathers gain custody of their children. But nothing is set in stone so I will go where I am led to go.
Q. How would you describe the group of your closest friends found here at Regent?
A.  Crazy. We are always laughing or doing something, there is never a dull moment even when we are studying in a study room for several days.
Q. How do you prefer to study?
A. I like to be in a quiet room with my notes, book, and a study guide. Then I like to meet with a study group to go over other hypothetical questions and go through questions I have answered. I am an auditory learner so the study groups tend to help a lot.
Q. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
A.  I really don’t have one favorite that I can point to. I love to read, I wish I had more time to do that during school. I do have a favorite genre however, and that is crime mysteries such as those written by James Patterson and others.
Q. What is your favorite Bible verse?
A. 1 Corinthians 10:13. “You have been put to no test but such as is common to man: and God is true, who will not let any test come on you which you are not able to undergo; but he will make with the test a way out of it, so that you may be able to go through it.” God has and will always make sure that you find a way to overcome the situations when you feel like they are more than you can handle.

Q. If you could meet with anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why?
A.  The famous person I would love to meet would be Sandra Day O’Connor because she is everything I strive to be. I also would love to meet my Aunt Sarah, I have heard over and over that I remind my family a lot of her and would like to see how much we truly are alike.
Q. If you could have lunch with any faculty member or administrator at Regent who would it be and why?
A.  Professor Duane hands down. He has so much knowledge especially about trial practice. However, there would need to be a series of lunches with him in order for me to feel as if I have even scratched the surface of his knowledge.

Q. If you had an entire weekend available, what would you do in the Hampton Roads area? 
A. There is so much to do in the area, but I would probably go to Colonial Williamsburg /Jamestown to see all of the historical sites.

Click HERE if you would like to be considered for a similar Q and A feature on this blog. 

No comments: