Spotlight on Philip Germann, 1L

Philip Germann, 1L
Q. Where are you from? 
A. Ohio. For the past thee years my wife and I lived in Toledo, Ohio while she was attending school, but I grew up in a small town called Ohio City.

Q. What does becoming a lawyer mean to you? 
A. To me, becoming a lawyer means learning the law and being able to work in the law in a way that shows God.

Q. What do you wish you knew before you started law school? 
A. I wish I knew how each of the Supreme Court Justices tended to vote and generally what their platforms are.

Q. What surprised you most about Regent? 
A. The support of the 2Ls and 3Ls. They are, for the most part, very willing to help with any questions you may have and are uplifting and supportive.

Q. How is law school different from your college experience? 
A. I study much more than I did in undergrad and do not have as much time to hang out and relax. Also, I got married after undergrad, so balancing time between my studies and my wife is a new obstacle, but one that I gladly take on.

Q. What is your favorite class so far and why? 
A. Contracts because I feel like that it is most related to the field of law I would like to join. I also enjoy the professor and his teaching style.

Q. What kind of law do you hope to practice after graduation? 
A. Business/Corporate Law

Q. How would you describe the group of your closest friends found here at Regent? 
A. A little crazy, fun, and uplifting.

Q. How do you prefer to study?
A. I prefer to study in the library. I get there in the morning and work till my classes. Then I start back up after my classes and stay usually until my homework is done, or until I get hungry.

Q. What is your favorite book of all time and why? 
A. Right now it would probably have to be To Kill a Mockingbird because I like the message of standing up for what is right even though it may be against the crowd.

Q. What is your favorite bible verse? In what way does it speak to you or inspire you? 
A. Philippians 4:13. It is nice to know that even through my weaknesses God gives me the strength to make it through situations that I may think are impossible.

Q. If you could meet with anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why? 
A. I would probably like to meet with David. He was a man after God’s own heart and to hear how he thought ask about his relationship with God would be pretty fascinating.

Q. If you could have lunch with any faculty member or administrator at Regent who would it be and why? 
A. Out of the limited faculty members I know of, I would probably want to have lunch with Professor Duane just to hear his story.

Q. If you had an entire weekend available, what would you do in the Hampton Roads area? 
A. If it was warm out, I would spend it at the beach. If it wasn’t warm enough to go to the beach, I might see if there were any games or shows in town.

Click HERE if you would like to be considered for a similar Q and A feature on this blog.

No comments: